Monday, October 8, 2007

Robert Scoble and blogging boredom

Robert Scoble is a pretty interesting fellow. I have been following him since he was a Microsoft employee. Over the past year, I have been an avid reader of his blog and viewer of his video series, ScobleShow. Scoble has recently announced that he plans on scaling back his blogging, and I don't blame him at all. I have fallen in and out of love with blogging. If you aren't doing it for money, it's a real drain on your time. I guess it's a drain on your time even if you are doing it for the money, but it's hard to build an audience and then keep them around. I tried to blog consistently since late 2004 and it's tough as hell. Granted, I have never stated I stated I was a pro writer (far from it), but one of the really important aspects of any writing is the actual ability to write and make sense. So, a lot of time can be spent trying to make sense and not to look like an idiot in the process.

Blogging is not for everyone... it's probably not for me, but I am going to keep trying.